"Plan as if your life depends on it"

 
pexels-photo-401683.jpeg

Before you begin building, developing, increasing, or creating something - you must first create the plan, make the measurements, do the analysis, or draft the blueprints. Going into something without first counting the cost can be foolish, but more importantly dangerous.

We all know the old saying “if you fail to plan, then you should plan to fail” which is true in life, but also in business. So, if you want to sail and not sink; soar and not plummet; rise and not fall; win and not lose, or at least reduce your chances of failure then make plans as if your life and/or business depends on it.

Don’t take my word for it look at research conducted at Harvard’s business school among graduating MBA students:

  • 84% of students had no specific goals at all.
  • 13% of students had goals but they were not committed to paper. 
  • 3% of students had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them.

10 years later those same graduates were interviewed, and researched showed this:

  • The 13% of the students who had goals were earning on average, twice as much as the 84% of students who had no goals.
  • The 3% of students who had clear, written goals were earning on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of students put together.

Moral of today’s blog – make your plan and you’re more likely to follow it!

~The Creative Counselor

Reference:
https://www.wanderlustworker.com/the-harvard-mba-business-school-study-on-goal-setting/

 
Eddie Rojas